Wednesday 1 September 2010

Don't stop dreaming - no really, don't!

I think, we have a problem. I think,I know the solution.

Have you ever wished you had followed your dream and now you feel it's too late? We all have done. I guess, once we've reached that conclusion, we decide to give up. We allow our dreams to stay where we think they belong, in our head, forever. We also get stuck in the perception that once we've missed that opportunity, there is no hope and no way back from the daunting reality we live in. And chasing that one dream from the Past, we make the Now the only option.

But we've moved, and live on the new street in this city called life. And we wonder, is it ok to want something new, something fresh, and is it going to be any less important only because we gave the first one a fail? Well, yes it's ok!

Dreams are not the reality but maybe that's where they come from. If I still wanted to be a pop star now, I'd reach a state of unhappiness, because the gap between reality and the dream would be impossible to overcome. That's why, from the point where life put me, I see new world, new opportunities and have new dreams.

Of course, as they're your dreams, they might always revolve around one goal. So, for example, if you're striving for recognition and can't achieve it walking the road of show business, maybe one day you'll realise that writing a book would be your alternative option. And the closer you get to that possibility the stronger your desire becomes.

Holding on to the ghost of a dream is not my style. Having ongoing dreams is what drives me. And if I failed so far, I am not giving up, as that will be all I have for now.

So my solution is: Take that dream from your head, sit it down in front of you, adjust the volume and press play!

1 comment:

  1. An inspiring piece of writing which blends quite well with a morning cup of coffee....Keep it coming!!!

    ReplyDelete